- contact on main page with my city location, and three last places (future locations)
- about current workflow with wiki image - http://www.flickr.com/photos/cogdog/19490596/
Modifications in past posts
- about tumblr and 500px - tumblr first, visit from phone, set as a wallpaper, replace image with large scale
Cheklist to do when updating
- Alignment and styling of images
_styles.scss. When starts with
rake previewfor some reason it ignores these files. One of them needs to be touched for styles to propagate.
- Feedburner RSS.
- Favicon. Search with vimgrep for icon.png. Replace it in that file.
- CC-by instead of Copyright.
- Wiki, writings, projects.
- Click categories. See that the links work and RSSes also work.
- Github repo with posts
- Github repo with old posts
- source template in my-octopress
How to start on localhost
How to see the list of rake tasks
rake list -T
alias bl='cd /home/dudarev/projects/blog/octopress_test/source/_posts'
#!/bin/bash gvim `ls -t | head -n 1`
To start editing on a new machine
- follow instructions to install rvm https://rvm.beginrescueend.com/rvm/install/
- follow instructions to install all Octopress dependancies http://octopress.org/docs/setup/
- I needed to updated RedCloth in Gemfile.lock to 4.2.8
Removing line numbers in Octopress
Custom styles are not updated when just starting with
rake preview. Save one file from custom style settings:
Last edited by Artem Dudarev, 2013-10-13 02:01:37. Edit